Krzysztof “Chris” Golebiowski has been named vice president of analytical services at Metrics Inc., a contract pharmaceutical development and manufacturing company.
The analytical services division helps Metrics’ clients determine and ensure the identity, purity, potency and performance of drug products by conducting analytical chemistry and microbiological tests, method development and validation, and stability studies based on United States Pharmacopeia (USP), European Pharmacopoeia (EP), Japanese Pharmacopoeia (JP) and other compendia methods.
Founded as an analytical laboratory, Metrics has evolved into a full-service provider that handles all aspects of supporting clients in bringing solid-dose pharmaceuticals to market.
“Since we first began our company, Metrics has been well-known for its excellent analytical work, a positive reputation advanced every day thanks to our people, facilities and equipment,” said Phil Hodges, president. “In his new role, Chris will ensure that Metrics continues to deliver the thoughtful analytical science that exceeds our clients’ needs and timelines.”
Analytical technologies and services offered by Metrics include:
• 117 HPLC systems (Agilent 1200 and Hitachi Elite 7000 Gradient HPLC Systems, Dionex ICS-2500 IC Systems, Waters Acquity H-Class System (UPLC), Waters 2695, Shimadzu LC-2010 CHT). Services include GPC, refractive index, UV, fluorescence, ELS, conductivity, amperometry, and diode-array detection.
• LC/MS Agilent 6530 accurate mass Q-TOF equipped with jet-stream focusing, ESI and APCI for MS and MS/MS analyses.
• 15 GC systems (Perkin Elmer Clarus and Agilent 6890 GC’s, and an Agilent 6890 GC with 5975 MSD). Services include capillary and packed column, static headspace, purge and trap, direct injection, FID, NPD, TCD and MS.
• Seven UV/VIS spectrophotometers
• Dissolution baths (USP apparatus I, II, III, and intrinsic dissolution): 23 manual sampling, six automated sampling
• TLC (with photo documentation)
• FTIR, Near-IR
• Titrations (colorimetric and potentiometric)
• Karl Fischer (volumetric, blending volumetric, and coulometric)
• Atomic absorption (AA) — flame, graphite furnace, and cold vapor
• Atomic emission (AE)
• Inductively coupled plasma (ICP)
• Viscometer, polarimeter, refractometer, osmometer, fluorometer
• Laser diffraction particle size (Malvern Mastersizer S)
• Dynamic light scattering (Malvern Zetasizer Nano ZS)
• TGA-thermogravimetric analysis (TA Instruments)
• DSC-differential scanning calorimetry (TA Instruments)
• Modulated DSC (TA Instruments)
• ITC-isothermal calorimetry (Microcal).
Headquartered in Greenville, N.C., Metrics (metricsinc.com) has particular expertise in first-time-in-man (FTIM) and Phase I, II, and III clinical trial materials (CTM) manufacturing. The company has conducted more than 120 FTIM projects for different chemical entities in the last five years alone – while developing more than 700 batches of CTM in the same period.