1. Korea will host the important “4G Devices, Smartphone Apps, M2M 2012 World Summit” from 29 to 30 March 2012 in Seoul.
2. This Summit, the first outside North America and Europe, confirms with ITU’s recognition of Korea as one of the world’s most advanced Internet and telecommunications economies. Korea is noted for its early adoption of 4G LTE & LTE smartphones, its continuing rollout of new M2M applications, its strategic planning for 5G propelling it ahead in the driver’s seat of the next telecom evolution.
3. The smartphone market is experiencing steroidal, rapid growth, with 24% share in total handset shipments in 2011. Smartphone shipments in Asia saw a significant growth of 56% in 2011, the growing demand for smartphones in emerging Asian markets unsatiated. It is anticipated that smartphone shipments in Asian markets will see a boost for Android-based smartphones, with market share increasing to 52% in 2011. Asian markets are also proving to be the hot spot for media tablets as well. With an estimated 7.8 million media tablets shipped in 2011, media tablets are important in the Ultra-Mobile Devices category, which also include Ultra-Mobile Devices (UMDs), mobile Internet devices (MIDs) and netbooks.
4. Speakers at the Summit include Korea Telecom, Samsung, ETRI-KCC (Korea), Ministry of Knowledge Economy (Korea), Saudi Telecom, China Unicom, Lightsquared, National Internet Agency (Korea), Orascom), Deutsche Telecom amongst others.
5. This Summit is endorsed and supported by Korea Electronics Association, Hong Kong Wireless Development Center and Global Mobile Suppliers Association.
6. The CEO of the conference organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd, Singapore, Ms. Maggie Tan commented ` The mobile devices industry is going through radical transformation. Device manufacturers are faced with many challenges supporting different features and frequency bands. Users’ expectations are also having a major impact on how the market is developing. This Summit is the unique platform for smartphone vendors, apps developers, mobile operators, semi/chip designers, technology enablers, devices manufacturers, system integrators to discuss the challenges and commercial opportunities ahead’. She encourages companies, organizations & businesses to come together and shape the growth of the industry.
About Magenta Global Pte Ltd - organizer
Magenta Global is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public & private sectors. magenta-global.com.sg
Hong Kong Wireless Technology Industry Association (WTIA) as a flagship project to disseminate the awareness, development and usage of wireless application technology in Hong Kong. It aims as a regional wireless and mobile applications hub in Asia Pacific to attract investments and talents from around the world. Covering 3000 square feet, it comprises well-equipped software development suites and a spacious product display area at Cyberport, a symbolic representation of leading edge Information Technology (IT) and Hong Kong as a digital city.
HKWDC at Cyberport provides end-to-end infrastructural support to the mobile and wireless application development in Hong Kong, from information, consultancy, development, deployment to product dissemination. The Centre provides a unique multi-operator and multi-vendor platform with connectivity to the wireless network including GSM, GPRS, 802.11, EDGE, 3G and HSPA, impartial to all commercial concerns. Making use of the facilities, developers can develop and test their applications across different operators and devices, significantly reducing their costs and development time.
About Korea Electronics Association
KEA is a corporation established with the permission of the Minister of Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy to promote Korean electronic industry (including the industry of information and electrical supplies manufacturing).
GSA (Global mobile Suppliers Association) represents leading GSM, 3G/WCDMA-HSPA and LTE suppliers, delivering trusted own-researched surveys, reports, facts, stats, objective analysis and information confirming and explaining market developments, trends, evolution and opportunities. Support to network operators includes targeted seminars for information exchange, relationship events, campaigns, case studies, and information papers.