Jaspersoft, maker of the world’s most widely used business intelligence (BI) software, today announced it is joining with IBM in the Big Data space. Jaspersoft will work with IBM to deliver a solution that combines IBM’s enterprise-class, Hadoop-based product, InfoSphere BigInsights, with Jaspersoft’s full BI suite to provide a complete reporting and management solution to meet customers’ significant-volume data needs.
With the increasing amount of data in companies today, there is an opportunity to extract high value from it inside and outside of the organization. In fact, Forrester Research estimates that firms currently utilize less than 5% of their available data; Big Data enables firms to affordably access the other 95%. While these data sets are characterized by their very large volume, velocity, and variety of information; using the right tools, they can yield new insights for greater business value. Through their new partnership around Big Data, Jaspersoft is integrating and licensing IBM InfoSphere BigInsights through an Application Specific Licensing Agreement. Jaspersoft for InfoSphere BigInsights combines the power of IBM’s analytics platform to manage, analyze and provide deep insight into Big Data with Jaspersoft’s capability to extract key information using flexible and easy-to-use reporting, dashboard and analytics views in one integrated solution, enabling competitive advantage.
Jaspersoft provides a truly native reporting solution that can connect directly to IBM InfoSphere BigInsights through HBase as well as Hive. This means that with Jaspersoft, businesses can perform interactive ad hoc reporting and analysis directly on data stored in Hadoop without having to load this data into another database as is the case with other BI vendors. Fully integrated with IBM’s InfoSphere BigInsights platform, Jaspersoft’s BI suite provides BigInsights users with plug-and-play access to their organization’s data and the ability to combine this information with a wide range of other internal and external sources, including web and SaaS-based data sources.
Karl Van den Bergh, Vice President of Product and Alliances at Jaspersoft said,“We’re pleased to be partnering with IBM to deliver an industry-leading solution that combines cost-effective and flexible business intelligence with Internet-scale data management capabilities. Together, we can meet the Big Data Analytics needs of any size organization.”
Bruce Weed, Program Director, Big Data Business Development at IBM said,“Jaspersoft provides a powerful and flexible reporting and analysis solution, and is a key part of our rich ecosystem in the Big Data space. In addition, Jaspersoft’s community of a quarter million members will help us further address and solve problems within the Big Data space.”
Key features of the solution:
• The full Jaspersoft BI Suite including ETL, pixel-perfect and ad hoc reporting, dashboards, and analysis with native connectors to IBM InfoSphere BigInsights through Hbase and Hive;
• Job and workflow management, provisioning and advanced security, large-scale indexing and text analysis through IBM InfoSphere BigInsights;
• Available as a free/community version and a commercial version with more advanced features.
For more information on the Jaspersoft and IBM Big Data Analytics solution, listen to the replay of the joint IBM and Jaspersoft webinar held on October 12.
Jaspersoft (jaspersoft.com/ jasperforge.org) provides the most flexible, cost effective and widely deployed business intelligence suite in the world, enabling better decision-making through highly interactive web-based reports, dashboards and analysis. Leveraging a commercial open source business model, Jaspersoft provides end-to-end BI capabilities at a fraction of the cost of other vendors. The BI suite includes pixel-perfect enterprise reporting, ad hoc query, dashboards, OLAP and in-memory analysis, and data integration. Jaspersoft is the only BI vendor that enables companies to adapt to the new, virtualized world by providing a complete spectrum of on-premise, multi-tenant SaaS and cloud-based deployment options for both embedded and standalone business intelligence. Unlike traditional BI vendors, Jaspersoft is built on a modern, lightweight, standards-based architecture and offers greater vendor independence thanks to its open source codebase. Unlike niche BI vendors, Jaspersoft represents a safe choice with tens of thousands of production deployments across a wide range of industries.
Jaspersoft's open source business intelligence software has nearly 14 million product downloads worldwide, 175,000 production deployments and over 14,000 commercial customers in 100 countries. Its BI suite is advanced regularly by a development community of nearly 240,000 registered members.
Jaspersoft is a trademark of Jaspersoft Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.