Quest Software, Inc. announced today it has acquired ChangeBASE, a privately held software provider based in the UK, which specializes in automated application analysis, remediation and conversion for target platforms including Windows 7 and 8, Internet Explorer 8 and 9, Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Session Host, VDI, and Application Virtualization. The acquisition represents an expansion of Quest’s product portfolio that allows companies to develop a user-centric management focus for their Windows application, desktop, mobile, and cloud environments. With this assembled portfolio of capabilities, Quest becomes a single source for helping organizations take advantage of technology changes to benefit both IT and users alike.
Tweet This: @Quest acquires #ChangeBASE to accelerate migrations to Windows 7 & 8, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, application and desktop virtualization
• Applications and OS platforms today are in a constant state of change, putting a strain on IT and slowing adoption of Windows platforms and virtualization technology. This derails IT’s ultimate goal of delivering a dynamic, productive user workspace everywhere. Delivering a flexible, yet stable, user workspace in today’s environment means managing the different Windows desktop delivery models including physical, virtual and cloud platforms. Yet, historically, ensuring rapid and smooth migrations to new platforms required manual application compatibility testing and issue remediation, resulting in slow platform deployment and increased costs.
• ChangeBASE offers an entire product portfolio that automates the three most resource-intensive processes around application migration-- analysis, remediation and conversion. The products automatically test and fix applications before deployment to new or upgraded platforms, which can speed up packaging delivery by 75 percent while improving accuracy and manageability.
• ChangeBASE solutions enable IT to immediately and efficiently address some of the most pressing, relevant issues around application compatibility for platform updates and migrations:
- Desktop upgrades from Windows XP to Windows 7 (and soon Windows 8);
- Switching from 32 bit (x86) to 64 bit (x64) versions of Windows;
- Web application compatibility during IE6 to IE8/9 browser upgrades;
- Application delivery using Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Session Host;
- Application delivery using application virtualization from Microsoft, Symantec, Citrix, and VMware;
- Updating from earlier versions of Microsoft Office to Office 2007/2010
• The ChangeBASE suite of modules provides all the necessary capabilities to analyze Windows applications for suitability with target platforms, remediate the majority of compatibility issues that plague IT today, and finally convert and deploy the updated applications into an efficient production environment.
• This solution set delivers immediate value to companies that need to assess the application suitability for deployment with their desktop virtualization technologies (Terminal Server, Remote Desktop Session Host, or VDI). In these instances, ChangeBASE provides an essential on-ramp for adoption and expansion of Quest® vWorkspace. Organizations can leverage the two solutions to rapidly assess their application estate, and determine application productivity once deployed from vWorkspace.
• For more information about this acquisition and Quest’s unique holistic approach to application compatibility, please visit quest.com/changebase.
• Shayne Higdon, senior vice president and general manager, Client Management and Performance Monitoring, Quest Software
“By marrying our proven portfolio for managing both physical and virtual desktop environments with ChangeBASE’s ability to efficiently address some of the most pressing issues around application compatibility, Quest becomes a single strategic provider that uniquely delivers fast application migration to new platforms, devices and delivery methods, while minimizing risk and cost. The result is a newly empowered IT, one that is able to deliver a productive, protected, dynamic user workspace for every user on every device.”
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to quest.com. simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Quest, Quest Software and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward Looking Statements:
This press release includes predictions, statements and other information relating to our acquisition of ChangeBASE that might be considered forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements relate, but are not limited, to the combination of ChangeBASE’s technologies with Quest’s product offerings, the capabilities of such technologies and offerings, and future benefits to Quest’s customers. These statements are based on current expectations and assumptions that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated as a result of various factors, including: risks that the transaction or related integration activity may disrupt current plans, projects and operations, and our ability to recognize the benefits of the acquisition; reductions or delays in information technology spending; adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; our ability to successfully integrate ChangeBASE’s personnel, products and technologies into Quest’s product offerings; competitive factors, including industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into markets occupied by ChangeBASE’s products, and new product and marketing initiatives by our competitors; our ability to retain existing personnel and recruit and retain qualified personnel; and other risks described from time to time in Quest’s filings with the SEC. For a discussion of these and other related risks, please refer to our recent SEC filings, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, which are available on the SEC's website at sec.gov. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date thereof. We undertake no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date thereof.